How To Find Good Roofing Contractors in Chicago
The CRCA (Chicago Roofing Contractors Association) is a trade union of local contractors and includes manufacturers, distributors, roofing contractors, consultants and representatives. Here is the place where all things roofing are talked about. If you need help from a roofing contractor to replace or repair your roof this is the best place to come and look.
The CRCA is really the best place to go in Chicago as all the members are trustworthy and are backed by the union. This means you can feel like your project is with a contractor who is professional and knows what he is doing. This is as opposed to randomly choosing a contractor and then having the work done poorly and then they disappear with your money with no accountability for what they did.
Members of the CRCA who take care of Chicago and Northern Illinois areas number over 250. The CRCA have been taking care of business since the 1800s! It has an established reputation for having members who are experienced, knowledgeable and fair to deal with. All members to have to stay up to date in terms of new materials, processes and technologies. They also receive a license from the State of Illinois Department of Professional Regulation. When you hire a contractor seeing that license is a good way to judge how credible and reliable that person is going to be.
The many companies and members of the Chicago Roofing Contractor Association will invest in their employees too, to ensure that are well educated and remain competitive in the the roofing market. In fact a lot of members are actually 2nd and 3rd generation family businesses. Whatever installation system you need, smooth surfaced, overburden systems, ballast covered, photovoltaic, gravel covered, roof vegetation or pavers there will be members who have experience and qualifications. Manufacturers who are members make roofing and waterproofing materials. There are also members responsible for distribution. They can offer technical support, extend credit and so on.
Well known buildings that have had work done on their roofs by CRCA members include the University of Chicago, Rosemont Substation, New Midway Airport, Chicago City Hall and Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital. There are several services you can get from Chicago roofing contractors such as damp proofing, residential roofing, water proofing, steep slope roofing, institutional roofing, commercial roofing and industrial roofing.
When looking for a roofing contractor there are certain things you need to check or ask. They include;
- Make sure you get several bids, compare quotes and so some research on each contractor before making a selection so you get someone that works well for you.
- Do they specialize in the service you need?
- Are they licensed to work in the area you need them too?
- Do they have the correct insurance policies needed so that you are not liable and are these policies up to date?
- Are their workers educated and trained correctly?
- Can they show you any sample projects or references?
- Are they associated with any local trade bodies?
- Can you confirm their business and contact details?
- Check to see who will be overseeing the work on site.
- Make sure they have up to date safety measures in place.
- Check with Better Business Bureau on their business practices.
Do feel free to explore the list of roofing contractors located in Chicago, Illinois here.